Friday, August 22, 2014

What Works for Me

As an acupuncturist who also had her fair share of illnesses and recovery I am going to blog about some of my discoveries that might be of value to others. The truth is that as much as I've learned by helping others through infertility, pain, insomnia, depression and other illnesses, I've probably learned even more through my own body.


 My own body has been an empirical study in various herbal formulas, nutritional supplements as well as various forms of body work and healing therapies. I like being able to tell my patients not just that something will help, but that I know what it tastes like and how it feels in the body and what the after effects may be like. Here are a few of my problems that I've learned much about through my own body: Colds and strengthening immunity, Shingles, Insomnia, Heart Problems, Menstrual Irregularities and improving fertility, headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, cleansing and detoxing. Here are just a few of the different types of treatment modalities I've experienced and learned from: Reiki, Bowen Method, Feldenkrais, homeopathy, hatha yoga, physical therapy, EFT, massage, Kairos therapy, hypnotherapy, spiritual midwifery, art therapy, Barbara Brennan Healing and Chinese Face Reading/Nine Star Ki. Wow what a list. I'm sure there are more! If any of these particularly appeals I'd love to hear what you want me to write about. With so much to chronicle it is hard to know begin.


Here is my contact info: Kat Delse Mardirous, L.Ac.: (707) 775-8311 katdelse@yahoo.com
To learn more about my practice visit: http://www.santarosa-acupuncture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment